Hello everybody and welcome back
Yesterday I uploaded a video on my IGTV (@sha.ebra) and I made this Korean cubed radish kimchi, and because the video is in Farsi, I wanted to share the recipe here in English. I mixed the recipe from Maangchi and Seonkyoung Longest.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Korean radish
- 2 Tbsp Salt (This depends on how big is the radish. If it becomes too salty for you, you can always cut more radish and add it to your kimchi)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce (I used soup soy sauce. You can also use fish sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Gochugaru (Korean red pepper flake)
- 4 Green Onions (you can also use chives)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
HOW TO MAKE KKAKDUGI
- First cut the radish in cube shape. Then, add the 2 tbsp of salt and sugar. Let the radish stay in it for 30 minute. Every 10min, turn the radish, so all of them can soak in the juice (when you add the salt and sugar, the radish becomes soft and it makes juice). after 30 minute, save 1/3 cup of the juice from the radish.
- After 30 minute, you can add all the ingredients together and mix them very well.
- Place the radish in bottle/jar and press them down, so there is no air left in the bottle/jar.
- Place the bottle/jar outside the refrigerator for 24 hrs. After 24 hrs, place the bottle/jar in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and happy cooking 🙂